Sunday, March 17, 2013






Possible Duplicate:
How do I remove ubuntu from a windows 7 machine without the recovery disk?
I have a problem. I want my Windows 7 back. I installed ubuntu from a USB flash-drive. And it's dualbooting with Windows 7.
I don't know how to delete Ubuntu 12.04 LTS from my computer for free?
Please help me......
You need: A Windows Installation or Recovery Medium
This restores the MasterBootRecord. Grub will be gone (or at least not useable anymore) only Windows boots up.
  • boot from that Windows Disk
  • select "Repair my Computer"
  • select your Windows Installation
  • select "Command Prompt"
  • now execute following command each at a time:
bootrec.exe /FixBoot
bootrec.exe /FixMbr
  • reboot
To remove ubuntu (this steps may be a bit fuzzy, since I do not have win7 machine right in front of me right now):
  • Boot to Windows
  • click "start" and search for "Disk Management"
  • start Disk Management
  • now you should see an overview of your Harddrives and partitions.
  • determine the ubuntu partitions (usually, the ones with "unknown" file system)
  • delete those partitions
  • finally append the freed disk space to a windows partition (if wished)
you should be good now.
Good Luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment